Wednesday 11 August 2010

Using the Cricut to create 'name' cards

I love making cards with the recipients name on it, I think it makes the card so special. When I make these cards, particulary for children, the parents are always so appreciative of the card and often overlooking the gift I have given with it.

Using the Cricut for this is so easy, simply cut your letters to 4 inches, the longer the name the more you may have to condense the lettering, place each letter on a separate bit of card, taking care to align the letters. I like to cover each layer with a coordinating paper, and add an embellishment that suits.

I score a fold line on every layer, put double sided tape in at the fold lines, finally punch holes at the edge and tie some ribbon of fancy fibres to dress up the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment